Wade Fishing 301 Class on the Upper Cle Elum River
This is the perfect class for beginners that want to put their new skills to the test on a small stream with aggressive little wild trout! Our "small stream" 301 classes will teach you how to fish small creeks and rivers along with showing you exactly where to go fly fishing on foot. These classes are safe wading on small water.
This course/outing consists of a short seminar, a quick casting refresher, and on river wading techniques and demonstration. The goal is that you can replicate the experience with confidence and success without the use of a guide. The instructor/guide will be there to mentor you along the way but this class is really about getting you fishing successfully and independently.
Cost and Class Details:
- $119 per person
- Maximum Class Size of 4 Students
- Pick Your Own Date!
- *Groups of 4 or more may request their own date for a total cost of $400
- Line Mending and Presentation - advanced upon the 201 lessons.
- Upstream Dry Fly Presentations
- Dry Fly and Dropper Nymph Combo Strategies
- Fly Selection - what you really need to know and MUST HAVE flies!
- Wading Safety
- Approach Strategies, how to approach the water and pick your angles.
- Proper Fish handling & Release
- Gear - see what the guides and advanced anglers really use.
- Ask Anything! - we will answer tough questions and demonstrate techniques you are curious about.
What Should I Bring?
Please know that we have a friendly shop staff that can assist you in purchasing anything you need with a low pressure style that respects any budget. We sincerely want you to have a great experience and being well outfitted is a big part of your success. Buying a new rod and reel appropriate for small fish on a small stream is a good choice.
- Fly rod and reel, we recommend 2-4 weight rods.
- Visor or hat
- Flies, you will be able to purchase the right flies for the class that very same day
- Wading boots or heavy duty wading sandals.
- Long pants, quick dry style.
- All of your fly fishing gear... you will go fishing!
Deposit and Cancellation Policy:
Our goal is to make scheduling adventures with Red's stress free and fair for everyone involved. Cancellations made by the customer less than 24 hours from the start time, or failure to show, will forfeit 50% of the total cost. If you cancel more than 24 hours from the start time, you may reschedule or request a refund - 5% to cover processing fees and labor. If Red's decides to cancel the event due to adverse conditions the customer may request a full refund.