Wade Fishing Class on the Yakima River - Fly Fishing 301
This course is designed as the final step for students that have come through our Fly Fishing 101 and 201 courses. It is also perfect for intermediate to advanced anglers that want to learn how to fish the Yakima River on foot, without a boat, and without a guide.
Cost and Class Details
- $99 per person
- Maximum Class Size of 4 Students
- Pick Your Own Date!
*Groups of 4 or more may request their own date for a total cost of $400
- Line Mending and Presentation - advanced upon the 201 lessons.
- Streamer Fishing - strip, swing, dead drift.
- Indicator Nymphing - various techniques defined and demonstrated.
- Upstream Dry Fly Presentations
- Dry Fly and Dropper Nymph Combo Strategies
- Fly Selection - what you really need to know and MUST HAVE flies!
- Wading Safety
- Where, When, and How to fish the Yakima River Canyon and similar streams
- Approach Strategies, how to approach the water and pick your angles.
- Proper Fish handling & Release
- Gear - see what the guides and advanced anglers really use.
- Ask Anything! - we will answer tough questions and demonstrate techniques you are curious about.
This course consists of a short indoor seminar, a quick casting refresher, and on river wading techniques and demonstration. The goal is that you can replicate the experience with confidence and success.
What Should I Bring?
- Fly rod and reel, you can rent or buy on the day of the class.
- Visor or hat
- Jacket (class is outside)
- Flies, you will be able to purchase the right flies for the class that very same day
- Waders and Boots, you can rent or buy on the day of the class.
- All of your fly fishing gear... you will go fishing!
Brunch and Dinner
For reservations, call us in the shop: (509) 933-2300